I’m in Georgia the next three days, and have just refreshed my memory of the 24-7 insanity of Atlanta traffic, which makes this Lunch Buffet regrettably late.
Here are some mid-afternoon news/views items:
* As scheduled, the Senate rejected the latest House-passed CR on a party-line vote.
* Just in time to supply some context for the GOP appropriations strategy, new poll shows only one-third of Americans favoring defunding, delay or repeal of Affordable Care Act. So much for “America demanding” one of these course of action.
* Dow finally reacts to likelihood of government shutdown by dropping like a rock today.
* CNN’s famous HRC documentary has been canceled, not (it is claimed) because of the RNC’s threats to deny 2016 debate sponsorship, but because the Clinton political “family” wasn’t cooperating. Whatever.
* DOJ to sue North Carolina over new voter ID law.
And in non-political news:
* Apple passes Coke as world’s “most valuable brand.”
Here’s some more Calamity Music with Tom Petty performing “Free Fallin.’”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.