Don’t know why I didn’t think of a bunch of soft food options during last trip to grocery store, but after yesterday’s dental marathon, instant mashed potatoes sounding pretty good.
Here are some midday news/views snacks for your less restricted enjoyment:
* Pryor announces support for ENDA, making Joe Manchin the sole Senate Democratic hold-out as vote nears.
* Landrieu airs interest in sponsoring repeal of ACA regs driving individual policy cancellations.
* Two polls—Quinnipiac and Rasmussen—come out showing Cuccinelli closing gap with McAuliffe for no apparent reason; another, taken a bit earlier by Roanoke College, shows TMac opening up 15-point lead.
* Putin edges Obama to top Forbes list of world’s most powerful people; Pope Francis debuts at #4.
* At TAP, Amelia Thomson-Deveaux unravels the complexities of the Oklahoma law on medicinal abortions that’s headed for SCOTUS.
And in non-political news:
* Zombies making a play, but witches still top Halloween outfit.
As we break for lunch, here’s another song about deception: King Crimson’s “Great Deceiver.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.