I happen to live in an area where there are few children, so preparing for trick-or-treaters is a matter of seeing what’s already in the pantry in case one or two shows up. I’ve always heard there’s a custom in some parts of the country for adults to trick-or-treat with a shot glass, but alas, it hasn’t caught on in the Central Coast.
Here are some midday Fun Size offerings on a surprisingly caloric political news day:
* NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama’s approval and personal favorability ratios hitting new lows—but amidst surge in negative feelings towards all politicians.
* Scottish publication reports HRC saying she’s “minded” to run for president in 2016. Will be interesting to see if she walks that back.
* UN inspectors confirm Syria met deadline for disabling of chemical weapons.
* Pelosi rules out budget deal that doesn’t include new revenues.
* PPP survey of MN shows both Sen. Al Franken and Gov. Mark Dayton in good shape for re-election next year.
And in sort-non-political news:
* As expected, FAA green-lights expanded use of electronic devices during flights.
During our brief lunch break, guess I should post some more Halloween-appropriate music. Just about anything by Ozzie would qualify, I suppose, but I particularly like this ghoulish love song: “No More Tears.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.