I end this day praying, as I often do, for more real news and less hysteria. Hope springs eternal.
Here are the remains of this less-than-sane day:
* It appears Democrat Mark Herring has won the officially tabulated results for Attorney General of Virginia by the booming margin of 163 votes. But a recount is certain after the results are certified on November 25.
* Shooters injure three students outside Pittsburgh-area high school, but no lives lost.
* Official Obamacare enrollment numbers as of November 2: 26,794 through HealthCare.gov, 79,391 through state-run exchanges, and 396,261 signed up for expanded Medicaid.
* Dubious Tea Party-oriented group announces “Primaries For Traitors Fund” allegedly aimed at every single House Republican who voted for recent debt limit increase—including John Boehner.
And in non-political news:
* Another stock market high as holiday retail estimates brighten.
To close the day, here’s one more Electric Light Orchestra tune, about a special relationship: “Calling America.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.