Not seeing much in-depth analysis of yesterday’s results just yet; mostly a lot of spin and some noble efforts to debunk the spin. Guess the wizards are still crunching numbers.
* AP offers good round-up of ballot initiatives, featuring several local pot-legalization bids (all successful) and minimum wage boosts in NJ and in a Seattle suburb.
* Digby IDs the dumbest election-night tweet.
* There’s at least one angry comment about national Dem abandonment of NJ Gov nominee Barbara Buono, which obviously helped Christie get his big win and all the hype that’s coming with it.
* Way too much unfocused speculation about T-Mac win being big boost (or in the case of Digby’s dumb tweeter, disaster) for HRC in 2016.
* Sarah Kliff suggests main cause of Obamacare enrollment roll-out mess was inadequate preparation for scenario where so many states declined to set up own exchanges.
And in non-political news:
* An era finally ends: last 300 Blockbuster stores to close.
Back in a bit. Here’s some more truck-drivin’ music from Commander Cody, this one about a sadly stimulated driver.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.