Pardon me for a moment while I go scrape together some leftovers. In the meantime, here are some things to keep you occupied:
1. Congressional dysfunction has left a massive pile of must-pass stuff to be done by the end of this month. Even if they manage that, this will almost certainly be the least-productive congress since the end of WWII.
2. In economics news, Steve Coll has a good piece on the minimum wage.
3. And wage strikes are planned at fast food places across the country. This new militancy of retail and restaurant workers is surprising and encouraging.
4. On a related note, Paul Krugman outlines the case for a higher minimum wage. Even a strong majority of Republicans support it!
5. Jared Bernstein rounds out the full employment agenda. There are a lot of things that could be done; Congress will almost certainly do none of them.
Back in a flash.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.