I hope everyone’s enjoying a blessed holiday today, and I hope my fellow Christians are exhibiting the love and charity the Nativity made manifest.
If you got some extra cash in your stocking you feel the need to share, after you look after the neediest near you, consider a tax-deductible donation to WaMo, where it will be put to good use.
Now here are some random items from the news stocking:
* Iranian leaders tweet out Christmas greetings.
* NRCC t-shirts and mugs reading “Happy Holidays Is What Liberals Say” boxed up for another year.
* 10th Circuit Court of Appeals refuses to halt same-sex marriages in Utah pending appeal of decision declaring ban unconstitutional.
* Edward Snowden provides an “alternative Christmas message” about privacy on British television.
* At Ten Miles Square, Matthew Kahn notes Amazon is giving away e-copies of his book on environmental economics today and tomorrow.
And in totally non-political news:
* Looks like at least Two Days of Christmas for those not receiving on-time holiday deliveries from UPS.
Back tomorrow with some fun new stuff from WaMo, plus a Lite Blogging take on the news.
Let’s close with a tune for those experiencing Christmas with an aching soul: John Lee Hooker performing “Blues for Christmas.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.