Tried to blog from a dentist’s chair about an hour ago (my appointment went kinda long and kinda bad) while waiting for novocaine to kick in, but fortunately Ryan stepped up with a post and we didn’t have to find out how many typos I would have committed. But hey, this is the level of dedication we have at PA, and why, if you haven’t, you should consider making a tax-deductible donation to keep the blog going and help me pay the dentist.
Here are some midday news and views morsels for you to munch on if your teeth are up to it:
* Pelosi announcement that she’ll vote “yea” on Murray-Ryan budget deal probably puts the kibosh on a House Democratic rebellion against the bill’s composition, but the vote is going to be closer than it originally looked.
* Fast-food workers striking in 130 cities today to demand higher wages.
* Politico’s Glenn Thrush interviews Steve La Tourette—former House Member heading aggressively anti-Tea Party group—to gauge John Boehner’s relationship with Tea Party. Go figure.
* Hawaii health director who authorized release of Obama birth certificate dies, tragically, in a plane crash. Which Birther will hold the first press conference about the “conspiracy?”
* Via Greg Sargent, Stan Greenberg urging Dems to stay on offensive on health policy, where they still have an advantage over Republicans.
And in non-political news:
* In interview, Mark Wahlberg explains how he got rid of his “Marky Mark” identity.
As we break briefly for lunch (in my case, some cautious sips of a lukewarm beverage), here’s Smokey Robinson and the Miracles with their gloss on Roberts Rules of Order:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.