A long day with plenty to blog about, for the first time in a while. Keep it up, O ye generators of political news.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Pew finds that Republicans are anticipating midterm elections more than Winter Olympics or Super Bowl.
* U.S. gun sales in 2013 set new record. Great.
* Newt Gingrich looks at the sunny side of global warming, and suggests earth did okay in warmer “age of the dinosaurs.”
* Brian Schweitzer tells Dave Weigel that visiting all 99 Iowa counties is on his bucket list. Wonder what that could mean?
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys examines a pharmaceutical company poll in Tennessee as a good example of how to cook results with skewed survey design.
And in non-political news:
* News many of you can really use: frostbite prevention and detection.
That’s it for Tuesday. Let’s sign off with Wayne Toups performing “Louisiana Bound.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.