It’s been a busy morning here on the Central Coast thanks to some of my extra-curricular activities with The Democratic Strategist and TPMCafe. But rest assured we will get you your twelve posts, including these midday news/views snacks:
* Ezra Klein officially leaves WaPo, and Politico is all over it.
* At TNR, Jonathan Cohn documents the red state/blue state divide in Obamacare enrollment.
* Sen. David Vitter (R-LA) officially announces 2015 gubernatorial campaign; New Orleans mayor Mitch Landrieu still mulling a possible Dem run.
* SCOTUS hearing oral arguments today on challenge to public employee union status of home healthcare workers. Could be a very big deal.
* At the Plum Line, our own Ryan Cooper reports on the slow struggle to put together a bipartisan infrastructure bill in Congress.
And in non-political news:
* Megalopolis braces for a heavy snowstorm. Stay safe, folks.
Since it’s definitely wintry today for many readers, here’s more Johnny Winter, this time much more recently performing the Elmore James slide guitar classic “Dust My Broom” on Letterman.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.