For a “short” week (at least for folks who had Monday off), this one’s creeping by in slow-motion. I aim to sleep til noon on Saturday.
Here are some midday amuses bouches to keep you energized:
* Lord-a-mercy: Hannity to be Gohmert’s sidekick at SOTU, and is shopping for political office to run for in FL or TX.
* At TNR, Nora Caplan-Bricker offers specific steps Obama task force could take to reduce campus sexual assaults.
* The Atlantic’s Andew Cohen rescues some fine paywalled reporting from Rhonda Cook about Georgia’s privatized probation system and its threat of imprisonment for debt.
* Amanda Marcotte argues that “religious liberty” exemption demands are “Trojan Horse” for vast claims of immunity for discrimination.
* Greg Sargent weighs Medicaid expansion as “base mobilization” issue for Dems in rejectionist states.
And in non-political news:
* Pope Francis calls internet “gift from God.”
As we break for lunch, here’s more cold-weather blues: Sonny Boy Williamson performing “Nine Below Zero.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.