Woke up this morning and there was actual rain falling. I know this is small potatoes compared to weather conditions in the East and South, but it’s a pretty big deal for Californians who wish to bathe themselves without taking out a loan.
Here are some midday news/views morsels:
* Republican groups dump some serious money into a March 11 special election for open Florida congressional seat.
* Ron Fournier washes his hands of former heart-throb Chris Christie. Not a good sign for the Gov, though it’s amusing to watch Ron act like he was stabbed in the back.
* WaPo survey shows HRC with largest front-running margin for the nomination of any non-incumbent presidential possibility since they started polling on it.
* Very rich quote from Lindsey Graham on why GOPers resist immigration bill: “I don’t know. I have no idea, I have no idea. I can’t explain it. I think maybe it’s a fear of a primary.” Gee, Lindsey wouldn’t know about taking right-wing positions to stave off a primary challenge, would he?
* Utah school tosses lunches of kids whose parents were in arrears on payments. Guess they can’t have a debtor’s prison for tykes, can they?
And in non-political news:
* 18 purveyors of Super Bowl “high-end party packs”, including blow and hookers, arrested.
In the spirit of the earlier epater les bourgeois video from Curved Air, let’s scare Tom Perkins some more with this Judy Collins medley of songs from Marat/Sade.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.