I don’t know what percentage of PA readers are in the path of Winter Storm Pax, but I’m sure it’s pretty high. Be safe and if you are getting an unexpected day off, enjoy.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Conservative celebs, from Ted Cruz to the Duck Dynasty crew, line up to wish Sarah Palin a happy 50th birthday. It’s a reminder she could still run for president for another five cycles.
* In wake of last month’s chemical spill, West Virginia hit with coal slurry spill into a Kanawha County creek.
* TPM’s Daniel Strauss totes up various recent acts of hostility by Republican Establishment towards Tea Folk.
* At Ten Miles Square, Douglas Blackman reports on interview with Eric Holder to discuss levels of incarceration, and finds the Attorney General’s level of concern “stunning.”
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports depressing levels of ignorance about for-profit colleges among their actual and prospective students.
And in non-political news:
* Bachelor dumps contestant on her birthday. Men are dogs.
That’s it for this Tuesday. Let’s close with one more Skip James tune, “22 20 Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.