Want to know how slow a news day it was? Newt Gingrich’s tweeted demand that John Kerry (or “Kerrey” as he initially spelled it) resign as Secretary of State for saying climate change is as big a threat to global security as terrorism or poverty got big play everywhere. Ugh.
Here are some remains picked from the bones of the news day:
* Ted Cruz says Obama “hostile to traditional marriage.” That’s interesting, since he’s been in one for more than two decades.
* Ukrainian police attack protesters in Kiev; 13 dead so far.
* With excellent timing (two leading members of Pussy Riot were arrested in Sochi today on dubious grounds), Buzzfeed’s Miriam Elder pens long profile of the protest-performance-art group’s current status, arguing that Putin’s divide-and-conquer tactics towards the group are working.
* Votes still not there for extension of “private option” Medicaid expansion in Arkansas House.
* At College Guide, Michael Krupnick reports colleges finally improving assistance to students with learning disabilities.
And in non-political news:
* Jim Fallon’s Tonight Show debut draws 2 million more viewers than Conan O’Brien’s in 2009.
That’s it for the day. Here’s one more classic ode to creative frustration, Loudon Wainwright III’s “Muse Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.