You gotta hand it to Alec Baldwin for getting a huge buzz by announcing he’s “leaving public life.” Donald Trump should try it.
Here are some remains of the day:
* John Kerry calls for repeal of Ugandan “anti-homosexuality” law.
* Our friend Blue Girl reviews an Al Gore speech in Kansas City, and mourns what might have been.
* At Ten Miles Square, Keith Humphreys offers a useful meditation on the perils of second-hand (or third-hand or fourth-hand) knowledge.
* At College Guide, Sarah Butrymowicz reports on the “good and bad” of Australia’s experiments with family-punitive school truancy policies.
And in non-political news:
* Comedy writing legend Harold Ramis dies at 69 of rare blood disease.
That’s it for the day. Here’s Victoria Spivey one more time, with her early hit “Blood Thirsty Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.