Ah yes, nothing like watching a Paul Broun ad at the end of a long day; it’s like downing half a jar of white lightning in one gulp.
Here are some remains of the day:
* It’s official: Debbie Dingell will run for the House seat her husband has held for 58 years (and her father-in-law for another 22 years before that).
* Even as some supporters of Arizona’s SB 1062 get cold feet, Republican legislators in Georgia are advancing their own legislation modeled on 1062.
* World’s largest Bitcoin trading site suddenly vanishes.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman compares Reagan The Myth to the reality, and compares both to Obama.
* At College Guide, Anya Kamenetz looks at efforts to improve privacy of student data.
And in non-political news:
* California couple out for a walk stumbles on $10 million cache of nineteenth-century gold coins. Exercise is good for you.
That’s it for Tuesday. In one more tribute to The Greatest on the 50th anniversary of his world championship winning fight against Sonny Liston, here’s Big Head Todd and the Monsters with “Muhammad Ali.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.