Guess what? I’m going back to the dentist’s office in a few minutes!
Here are some final items of the day:
* Lotta talk today about the 5th anniversary of the Tea Party Movement, which I won’t share in much because I think it’s been around under different names since at least 1964.
* Federal judge orders Kentucky to stop enforcing its same-sex marriage ban, which could lead to first landing craft on the beach at SCOTUS.
* Think Progress’ Ian Millhiser has a good round-up of examples of “religious liberty” arguments for Jim Crow.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman argues GOP is fooling itself with its monomaniacal focus on Obamacare.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer looks at Drexel University’s disastrous accidental disclosure of student data, and its questionable efforts to avoid doing it again.
And in non-political news:
* More than 100 million people in path of “long-duration snow event” expected beginning this weekend. In like a lion….
As we bring the day to a close, here’s one more Johnny Cash tune that expressed his final hope if not his final words: “Ain’t No Grave.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.