This weekend I plan to follow my tradition of ignoring the many hours of Oscars coverage unless I hear someone’s going spectacularly long or crazy in thanking the Academy.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Mississippi Dems recruit Travis Childers to run for the Senate, hoping he’s the next Joe Donnelly.
* Evangelical leader with close ties to Uganda says he urged his friends there to shelve punitive anti-gay law and instead pass Russia’s. Thanks a lot, padre!
* Speaking of Russians, Obama warns them against military intervention in Ukraine.
* At Ten Miles Square, Seth Masket challenges Tyler Cowan’s claim that five minutes with Bill Clinton would be more valuable than the best poli sci tome.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer blasts Rutgers for providing ever-higher subsidies to its not-very-successful athletic programs.
And in non-political news, fans join players in brawl at Utah Valley-New Mexico State basketball game.
That’s it for the week. Martin Longman’s at the PA controls this weekend. For your happy hour listening pleasure, here’s Thelonious Monk one more time, with “Straight No Chaser.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.