It’s not right that the post-Superbowl news gulch is persisting into Tuesday. Get over it, America.
Here are some midday shreds and shards, lightly toasted:
* New CBO estimates show FY 14 budget deficit at $514 billion, FY 15 at $478 billion.
* WaPo’s Sarah Kliff looks at “good, bad & ugly” of CBO’s estimates about Obamacare.
* Latest greenie argument against approval of Keystone XL pipeline: “It’ll discourage the base.”
* New Brent Bozell group aims at GOP congressional leadership purge.
* New Enroll America ad touting Obamacare aims at Gen Y women.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Profile of NY-based, not-very-scary Satanist group trying to erect statue of Ol’ Scratch on Oklahoma state grounds.
As we break for lunch, let’s go with the only other song I know of with a Patty Hearst reference, and only in the final line: Warren Zevon’s “Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.