More blessed rain today on the Central Coast, with sporadic rain likely the next few days. Looks like the Bay Area could get a soaking right on through until Tuesday. Not quite the usual winter monsoon, but every drop helps.
Here are some weatherproofed midday news/views treats:
* Maybe some conservatives are distancing themselves from hammer-headed “Obamacare killed 2 million jobs” lie, but it’s already making its way into GOP campaign ads.
* Pakistani-Taliban talks begin, with low expectations.
* T-Mac promises “60 parties in 60 days” (length of Virginia’s state legislative session) to lubricate talks with Republicans. He also promises top-shelf booze.
* Check out Paul Glatris’ appearance on Ken Rudin’s public radio show “Political Junkie,” where he discusses the State of the Union Address.
* E.J. Dionne wonders if the arguments of Obamacare opponents really have to be so “willfully stupid.”
And in non-political news:
* Surfing a trend, Burger King to offer “chicken and waffle sandwich.”
As we break for lunch, here’s Falco with “Vienna Calling.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.