Sorry for the hiatus, but I’m decidedly under the weather today, and also had an unexpectedly long work call.
Here are some midday doses of sunshine and rain:
* Turkish plane hijacker apparently headed for Sochi.
* Larry Sabato puts Scott Walker at the top of his 2016 list of GOP likelies for the moment.
* Per Gallup, continued Republican domination of Texas depends both on relatively high standing among Hispanics and extraordinary strength among white voters.
* Carle Hulse tries to explain why Republicans keep drawing attention to an immigration issue they can’t resolve in their own ranks.
* Montana Lt. Gov. John Walsh appointed to Max Baucus’ Senate seat.
* James Carville signs on with Fox News.
And in non-political news:
* Grantland’s recommendations for Winter Olympics must-sees.
As we break for a very late lunch, here’s the Beatles with another of the tunes they sang on the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, “Til There Was You.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.