Our Lite Blogging regime is sure being reflected in Lite News. I hope this means more Americans have the day off than I would have imagined.
Here are some midday treats:
* President’s Day trivia: as president U.S. Grant once ticketed (and horse-drawn buggy impounded!) by DC police for speeding.
* Dems beginning to proactively use “mend don’t end” Obamacare message in ‘14 campaigns.
* Never a good sign when Islamic insurgents in Egypt decide to kill the tourism industry by killing tourists.
* No Democrat running for U.S. Senate in Alabama for the first time ever, assuming you count the early Democratic-Republicans.
* Christian Right “kingmaker” Bob Vander Plaats of IA decides against Senate run.
And in non-political news:
* Sochi medals per capita or as compared to GDP show Norway, Slovenia and Latvia just running away with it.
Back for a bit more blogging in a while. As a couple of commenters have suggested, here’s another presidential song, though a sad and angry one:
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.