Guess it’s a good sign I’m now beginning to attract trolls on Twitter, including one dude whose MO is to post a bunch of tendentious questions on immigration policy and then redundantly tell everybody I’m a coward and moron for failing to answer him in detail. Sorry, troll-o; I’m not biting. Knock yourself out trashing me if you have nothing better to do.
Here are some midday treats that are not intended to feed trolls:
* Good Grim/Carter piece at HuffPost on Obama administration’s feckless outreach efforts to Left on trade policy.
* Speaking of Left, Matt Taibbi the latest beneficiary of Klondike Gold Rush of tech money for establishment of new online reporting sites; like Glenn Greenwald, he’s been hired by First Look.
* Keep an eye on Rob Maness, a Ted Cruz-wannabe who is challenging Bill Cassidy for chance to knock off Mary Landrieu in Louisiana.
* Ukrainian truce doesn’t stick; death toll up to 67.
* California exceeds Obamacare enrollment goal five weeks before deadline. Don’t expect Darrell Issa to hold hearings on that, even though it’s happened in his own state.
And in non-political news:
* Big Caitlin Flanagan investigative piece in The Atlantic on the underworld of college fraternities.
As we break for lunch, here’s one of those interesting covers Devo did from time to time: Jimi Hendrix’s “Are You Experienced?” (changed, of course, to “R U Experienced”), circa 1984.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.