Looking forward to a weekend of TV binge-watching and less moonlighting work than I’ve been doing. Hurry EST sundown!
But for now, here are some midday news/views treats:
* So immediately after writing a post on my indifferent reaction to Jimmy Fallon’s promotion, I ran across a column by Brent Bozell and his suddenly acknowledged ghost-writer acting as though Fallon is a huge “political asset” for the satanic Obama. Go figure.
* Early elections key to shaky truce in Ukraine.
* Alyssa Rosenberg sadly reflects on how TV depictions of Washington suffer from being filmed elsewhere out of lust for state tax credits.
* Interesting take on Chris Christie’s diminished stage presence in his return to the town-hall format where he once used to browbeat enemies to hearty cheers.
And in sorta non-political news:
* Huge global brouhaha explodes over scoring in yesterday’s women’s ice skating final at Sochi, where home cooking seemed to give Russian a gold medal many think she didn’t entirely earn.
As we break for lunch, here’s some slide guitar genius from Blind Willie Johnson in “Dark Was the Night.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.