After the House of Cards binge, I made the mistake of watching Walking Dead and staying up late pondering the latest implausibilities. Should have just stuck with Episodes. Matt LeBlanc never gives me mental indigestion.
Here are some digestible midday news/views snacks:
* Republicans beginning to join voices urging Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer to veto the “religious liberty” bill just passed by Republican-controlled legislature, as economic impact sinks in.
* Tomorrow will mark the next effort to keep the Arkansas “private option” Medicaid expansion alive in the state’s House, but so far it’s still two votes short.
* CNN sacks Pierce Morgan, and Larry King offers to come back.
* Harold Meyerson argues European austerity demands are as big a problem for Ukrainian integration with Europe as anything the Russians are doing.
* TNR’s Noam Scheiber tells Obama administration it needs to abandon its trade policies as out of touch with both global realities and Democratic opinion.
And in non-political news:
* Paula Deen begins comeback attempt at South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
As we break for lunch, here’s Victoria Spivey (with Lonnie Johnson on guitar) with “Dope Head Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.