Wonder what’s going on in Jan Brewer’s office about now?
Here are some midday news/views items from the pantry:
* Corbett, LePage & Scott top National Journal’s list of governorships most likely to flip in November.
* New acting president of Ukraine is a Baptist minister.
* Wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel Luzer writes about this: Duke student becomes porn actress to avoid massive student loan debt.
* Celebrities promoting Obamacare enrollment are heavily focused on social media; the less famous are cutting the TV ads.
* Predictably, Dick Cheney comes out of his cage to go on Fox and attack Obama’s defense budget, and predictably, says Obama would rather spend money on food stamps.
And in non-political news:
* Now here’s a fine example of creative link-baiting: “Philip Seymour Hoffman’s 3 Biggest Estate Planning Mistakes.” Yeah, I’m sure that was front and center in his thinking.
As we break for lunch, here’s John Hardy and The Public with “Cassius Clay.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.