As you might guess from today’s Sneak Preview, the March-April issue of the Washington Monthly will be online very soon. Stay tuned.
Here are some midday news/views sneaky treats:
* ABC has a roundup of reactions—mostly positive—to Jan Brewer’s veto of SB 1062.
* Oh brother: Paula Deen compares herself to Michael Sam as a public figure struggling to overcome prejudice.
* Jacon Heilbrunn offers the backstory of the Wieseltier/Judis controversy within the context of TNR’s history. His take is not friendly to Leon.
* Big Dog joins DNC’s campaign against “rampant efforts to restrict the right to vote.”
* Seth Michaels urges closer look at those emails from Scott Walker’s office, which show he “is who we thought he was.”
And in non-political news:
* Two pit bulls in a photo booth.
As we break for lunch, here’s Johnny Cash with Bob Dylan on “Girl From the North Country,” from Nashville Skyline. Two conventionally inelegant voices combining perfectly.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.