The long personal nightmare of my efforts to secure a permanent dental bridge has, I believe, come to an end.
Here are some toothsome midday news and views treats:
* Charles Pierce reviews the sad demise of Bernie Sanders’ veterans bill.
* Peggy Noonan waxes incoherent about the effrontery of liberals pursuing a liberal agenda.
* 4th quarter 2013 GDP growth estimates downgraded from 3.2% to 2.4%.
* Greg Sargent lays out the possible scenarios for the composition of the Senate after November.
* Conservative praise of Rubio’s fiery speech on Cuba and Venezuela first positive political news for Floridian in a long time, notes MSNBC’s Benjy Sarlin.
And in non-political news:
* $60 million Texas high school stadium forced to close after discovery of construction faults.
As we break for lunch: more Thelonius, with “Epistrophy.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.