I seem to be coming down with some flu/cold thing as the day wears on. I won’t bail on you tomorrow unless I’m incoherent, but please forgive a late start if I have to resort to the NyQuil.
Here are some remains of the day.
* Condi Rice headlining NRCC fundraiser expected to bring in a cool $15 million.
* Franklin Graham compares his habit of gay-bashing and Muslim-bashing to his father’s support for MLK.
* Northwestern football players get green light from regional office of NLRB to seek union certification. More on this tomorrow.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jim Sleeper offers a fond tribute to the great anti-nuclear-weapons writer and activist, Jonathan Schell, who died yesterday.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell examines Michael Hayden’s non-apology apology to Angela Merkel for spying on her.
And in non-political news:
* Looking at scenes featuring the color of blue reported to induce peaceful state. Works for me when it’s the Pacific Ocean.
That’s it for Hump Day. Here’s a nice day-ender from Joe Bonamassa: “Sloe Gin,” performed at the Royal Albert Hall.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.