Sorry for the late lunch, but I had a rare mid-morning meeting. I confess it involved eating pancakes while sitting in the sun, but it was a meeting nonetheless.
Here are some midday news/views treats you might enjoy with syrup:
* Malaysian authorities confirm belief that Flight 370 crashed into Indian Ocean with no survivors.
* Think Progress’ Ian Millheiser traces the Hobby Lobby case to its origins in the 2009 Manhattan Declaration of militant Christian conservatives.
* Oh, brother: Business Insider announces Anthony Weiner as its new political columnist.
* Conservative groups have been laying groundwork for Scott Brown candidacy by wave of anti-Shaheen ads.
* At The Atlantic, Mike Konczal examines the long, failed history of claims that private charity can take care of the poor.
And in non-political news:
* 108 people still unaccounted for after Washington mudslide.
As we break for lunch, here’s another one of those Doors songs that upset decent folk back in the day: “The Soft Parade.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.