Another day with blessed rain here on the Central Coast (or if that “6 Californias” initiative passes, Southwest Silicon Valley). Sorry for those of you in the Northeast getting a different kind of precipitation.
Here are some slightly soggy midday news/views treats:
* No signs of Senate Republicans who support UI extension backing off to help John Boehner avoid the issue by killing the bill in the upper chamber.
* Only 2 of 10,855 peer-reviewed scientific papers on climate change published in 2013 reject reality of anthropogenic global warming. So “experts differ.”
* BBC reports that men in Pyongyang have been instructed to adopt Kim Jong-Un’s hair style. I assume bald people are exempt, but you never know.
* 538’s Harry Enten reports GOP presidential field more scattered than any at this point since the early 70s, while HRC polling like an incumbent.
* Gallup confirms something we should already understand: seniors have realigned towards GOP since 2003.
And in non-political news:
* New site (DoestheDogDie.com) lets moviegoers know about and avoid flicks with animal deaths.
As we break for lunch, here’s Joe Bonamassa with Beth Hart performing “I’ll Take Care of You.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.