My wheeze is back after a brief respite, but I’m not virtually infectious.
Here are some midday news/views lozenges:
* Healthcare.gov crashed for several hours this morning, but this time, it does appear spiking demand rather than “bugs” caused the crash.
* Ross Douthat warns conservatives they can no longer count on an implosion of Obamacare that makes developing an alternative unnecessary.
* Salon’s Joan Walsh weighs in on Team Christie’s “blame Bridget” strategy for Bridgegate.
* California farmers becoming most adamant supporters of immigration reform as labor pool shrinks.
* Obama to endorse Schatz over Hanabusa in Hawaii Senate primary.
And in non-political news:
* Ronan Farrow’s new show on MSNBC reportedly sinking fast due to terrible ratings.
As we break for lunch, here’s Otis Rush with “I Can’t Quit You Baby.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.