A beautiful day here on the Central Coast which I am enjoying between coughs and sneezes. Could be a lot worse.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Washington Examiner’s Byron York offers a relatively even-handed and thorough assessment of the Louisiana Senate race.
* RNC axes Columbus (along with Phoenix) from list of potential 2016 convention cities, and Sean Trende offers prayer of thanks.
* Kentucky Senate Tea Party candidate Matt Bevin winds up at event advocating cockfighting when he thought it was just another “states’ rights” rally. Lay down with dogs…
* At Ten Miles Square, Dave Kendell finds a lot of overlap between Obamacare and Medicare Part D.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman has some fun with Kathleen Parker’s efforts to dismiss the political salience of the minimum wage fight.
And in non-political news:
* Trouble in paradise: Carmel, CA, puts moratorium on new wine tasting rooms after recent rapid proliferation.
That’s it for Tuesday. Here’s one more tune from Bobby Blue Bland, with a live performance of “You Have To Hurt Before You Heal.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.