Looks like I will finally drag myself to the doctor and figure out why I have the Galloping Never-Get-Overs. But it shouldn’t interfere with blogging.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Freshman Republican congressman from Louisiana Vance McAllistar, a (needless to say) married Christian conservative family-values pol, is caught on security cameras in his own district office smooching on what appears to be a very young female staffer. Time to call Sen. Vitter for advice!
* Joan Walsh really, really didn’t like Jonathan Chait’s big rambling piece on race and politics.
* Breitbart California launched. Just what we need out here.
* At Ten Miles Square, Anne Kim details what we know about the long-term unemployed.
* Also at Ten Miles Square, Moira Campion McConaghy explains how a reformed version of “earmarks” might be better than today’s “steermarks.”
And in non-political news:
* Mickey Rooney dies at 93. He made his first film appearance in 1926. Wow.
Okay, as Sister Rosetta Tharpe would put it, “That’s All.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.