I’m going to be taking two vacation days tomorrow and Friday to spend some time with visiting family members. So Martin Longman will be at the PA controls on through the weekend.
Here some remains of a pretty active day:
* Conservative organization spox getting pretty nasty & personal with each other. But in the end, they’re on the same team.
* New Suffolk survey of Iowa shows Bruce Braley still holding significant lead over all the GOP Senate candidates. That’s significant because the polling was done well after the brouhaha over Braley’s “Iowa farmer” slip.
* RedState blocking access to its content via Firefox browser to retaliate for Mozilla firing of Bernard Eich.
* At Ten Miles Square, Jonathan Bernstein suggests that both Paul Waldman and I may be paying too much attention to candidates as opposed to party agendas in assessing influence of groups like Christian Right. Fair point.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer reports that it has finally happened: an academic, peer-reviewed journal on Porn Studies.
And in non-political news:
* Another cruise ship norovirus outbreak in California.
To close the day, here one more time is Marian Anderson, performing “Deep River.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.