My mother-in-law is sending me a big batch of political fliers from Georgia, so I expect to have some more fodder for Crazy Cracker posts directly.
Here are some remains of the day:
* David Axelrod hired as advisor by British Labour Party, which presumably means he’ll be battling Jim Messina (earlier hired by the Tories) in the upcoming UK elections.
* Riding in the same clown car: Trump makes donation to Ted Cruz’s leadership PAC.
* At Ten Miles Square, Martin Longman offers his own comments on George Will’s democracy-is-for-liberals column.
* At College Guide, Robert Kelchen looks critically at “last dollar scholarships” which fill financial gaps after federal aid sources exhausted, but often don’t provide enough help for truly needy students.
And in non-political news:
* 25 dead, 276 missing: latest sad numbers from South Korean ferry disaster.
That’s it for Thursday. Our acid rock tribute ends with the most unavoidable tune of them all (unless you don’t buy John Lennon’s claim that “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds” was innocent): Jefferson Airplane’s “White Rabbit,” as performed on the Smothers Brothers show in 1967 (I actually remember watching this at the time. Sigh):
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.