Have you played the fool yet, today? Weird as the news sometimes is, I’m trying to check potential stories twice.
Here are some foolishness-vetted midday items:
* Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA “black sites” shows long pattern of torture, and lying about torture.
* Deal for release of Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard said to be key to Netanyahu agreement to keep peace talks going.
* MoJo’s Ben Dooley pens long investigative report on Newsweek owner IBT’s links to a shadowy Christian community headed by ex-Moonie David Jang. Intriguing.
* Cass Sunstein posts a listicle of his top 8 SCOTUS Justices of all time—but no slideshow.
* March 2014 first month in more than a decade where no U.S. combat deaths reported.
And in non-political news:
* Tiger Woods bags Master’s appearance due to back injury.
As we break for lunch, here’s another injunction to be wary today: Aretha Franklin’s “Chain of Fools.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.