Sorry for getting a little bit behind schedule, but spent a lot of time looking for new stuff in the BobbyCare proposal that turned out not to be there.
Here are some less shadowy midday news/views nuggets:
* The Hill’s Berman and Becker point out that the 3.0 Ryan Budget will be his last, since the term-limited Budget Committee chair is set on chairing Ways & Means next year.
* Mideast peace talks teetering on brink of collapse as Palestinian Authority makes “surprising” applications to international organizations as sovereign state.
* At SacBee Markos Kournalakis reminds us that an unstable Turkey is playing an increasingly pivotal role in NATO.
* TNR’s Alec MacGillis accuses SCOTUS majority of “stunning chutzpah” in McCutcheon decision.
* Prospect’s Paul Waldman suggests that Ryan’s reiteration of Medicare proposal exposes Republican hypocrisy towards the program all over again.
And in non-political news:
* Netflix/Amazon content battle accelerates with Amazon’s acquisition of 24 sequel.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Bobby Blue Bland with “Ain’t No Love in the Heart of the City.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.