Trying to develop some enthusiasm for the men’s Final Four, but may just watch temporarily available premium cable this weekend.
Here are some untelevised midday news/views items:
* Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), with his usual disdain for the zeitgeist, calls for a congressional pay raise.
* At the Prospect, David Dayen notes big banks are enjoying EZ borrowing terms thanks to implicit promise of bailouts if they fail.
* Raz daily tracking poll gives Obama net positive approval rating.
* Number of new Medicaid enrollees since Obamacare launch pegged at 3 million.
And in non-political news:
* Deion Sanders says Johnny Manzeil has “ghetto tendencies” that NFL won’t like.
As we break for lunch, here’s Muddy Waters performing “Hoochie Coochie Man” at Newport in 1960.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.