Sorry for the slow blogging pace this morning, but I’ve become ensnared in Jonathan Chait’s vast piece on race and politics (which I’ll post about shortly), which requires more than a cursory reading.
Here are some less complex midday news/views items:
* Vox explains itself in a launch—or arguably relaunch—essay.
* MoJo’s David Corn unearths a 2009 Rand Paul video in which the Kentuckian seems to accuse Dick Cheney of taking America to war to benefit Halliburton.
* In what may be political version of a Freudian slip, Scott Brown forget to identify himself as a Republican in filing for the Senate in NH.
* Brendan Eich could have probably done without a defense from Donald Trump.
And in non-political news:
* Boulder again “least obese” American city; tri-state Appalachian area most obese.
As we break for lunch, here’s Sister Rosetta Tharpe with her best-known song, “Up Above My Head.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.