I’m going through some logistical craziness today that would be amusing if it was happening to someone else, so pardon the occasional typo from squinting at a computer screen in the passenger seat of a car.
Here are some midday news/views items glimpsed along the road:
* Phyllis Schlafly suggests pay equity will screw up income-based mating. It would be fun to ask GOP pols if they agree with that argument.
* New Census methodology for collecting data on health insurance will make measurements of Obamacare’s impact even more difficult than they are right now.
* Landrieu making fights with Obama administration over oil & gas issues fodder for her campaign ads.
* 2014 Pulitzers go to WaPo and Guardian for NSA revelations.
* Wyoming county comes in first in the country in average federal taxes paid.
And in non-political news:
* Boston commemorates first anniversary of Marathon bombings.
As we break for lunch, here’s Bessie Smith again with “Lost Your Head Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.