Happy Easter Monday for those inclined to treat yesterday’s Christian feast as the beginning of a season.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Gotta say, when you feel compelled to hire a psychologist to evaluate your Sunday Show’s ratings-poor host, as NBC has done with David Gregory, it might be time to give him a little less job security.
* Two vacant spots on the Board of Governors could give progressives chance to shape Fed.
* TNR’s Brian Beutler thinks brightening picture for Obamacare could destroy GOP’s midterm strategy.
* Greg Brannon, who could well be GOP Senate nominee in pivotal NC, seemed to be sympathetic to 9/11 “truther” argument as recently as 2012.
* Ta-Nehisi Coates declares “the struggle for integration…largely over.”
And in non-political news:
* “Hurricane” Carter dies at 76.
As we break for lunch, here’s Brownie McGhee with Sonny Terry performing “Cornbread and Peas.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.