Had dinner last night with church friends who are living in a retirement community. I could get used to the ambiance there, plus the not-working thing. Too bad.
Here are some midday news/views treats:
* Self-funding Tea Party guy wins special primary in FL-19. Year of the Republican Establishment not off to the best start.
* Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signs “guns everywhere” bill. Now you can rest assured person sitting in the next pew or at the next barstool could be packing heat.
* Speaking of heat-packers, Cliven Bundy attracting quite the motley crew of deranged and heavily armed supporters.
* New JAMA survey shows contraception coverage mandate supported by 69% of respondents.
* Norm Ornstein takes another whack at Green Lantern expections of Obama.
And in non-political news:
* Chicago’s Wrigley Field marks 100th birthday.
As we break for lunch, here’s Garry Moore again, with “King of the Blues.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.