Been doing some Deep Dives today, so I’m looking for lighter post-lunch fare.
Here are some midday fruits de mer:
* Bloomberg group sending “hundreds” of gun regulation advocates to NRA annual meeting. Man, that’s a dangerous mission!
* Not-so-liberal arts: Northwestern waging campaign to defeat unionization bid by its football players.
* Here’s a new one: pastor challenging Lindsay Graham in SC GOP SEN primary accuses women who divorce adulterous husbands of “idolatry” towards their children at expense of marital duties.
* At Salon, Digby is amused by cluelessness of GOP elites about their white-working-class “base.”
And in non-political news:
* Ladies Home Journal ceases subscription service; it will now be quarterly newstand mag with web page.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Buddy Guy, performing “Long Way From Home.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.