You will note below a link to a post by Adele Stan, a fine veteran progressive reporter who did some weekend blogging here at PA a while back. Addie’s now online editor at The American Prospect. Congrats and good luck to her!
* At WSJ, Ben Domenech concedes Republicans need a new way of dealing with inequality. More about that later.
* Prospect’s Adele Stan notes last week not a real good data point for claims that America is “post-racial.”
* The Atlantic’s Andrew Cohan writes about Kentucky’s efforts to break “the cycle of incarceration.”
* Kaiser Family Foundation tracking poll shows little change in attitudes towards Affordable Care Act despite all of last month’s enrollment drama.
* New national poll from Fairleigh Dickinson shows HRC beating five named GOP opponents by at least eight points (and Jeb Bush by 16 points!).
And in non-political news:
* Craig Ferguson calls it quits as CBS late-late host. Too bad.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Koko Taylor, with “Can’t Let Go,” performed live in 1993.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.