Oddly, this blogging day went by with lightning speed. Hope it’s a trend.
Here are some remains of the day:
* Breaking news: Pelosi appoints Elijah Cummings, Tammy Duckworth, Linda Sanchez, Adam Schiff and Adam Smith to new Benghazi! panel.
* Gallup reports support for marriage equality rises to 55%—78% among under-30s. Wake up, Republicans.
* Pope Francis makes religious case for addressing climate change.
* At Ten Miles Square, Henry Farrell suspects David Brooks has an insufficient understanding of democracy.
* At College Guide, Daniel Luzer notes correlation between high levels of student debt and ever-rising compensation for college administrators.
And in non-political news:
* Great video of Mama Bear keeping Baby Bear from wandering into traffic.
Okay, that’s it for Wednesday. Let’s close with the Atlanta Rhythm Section’s “Champagne Jam,” accompanied by a wonderful montage of photography of Atlanta as it appeared in the 70s.
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.