This oughtta be a holiday. But for a growing number of us, it’s not even an eight-hour day. So much for the March of Progress.
* TNR’s Jonathan Cohn briskly debunks the House GOP “nobody’s paying Obamacare premiums!” report.
* At Plum Line, Paul Waldman shocked! that administration may have tried to positively spin Benghazi! tragedy.
* 10 of 12 states performing in bottom quartile of new Commonwealth Fund ranking of state healthcare systems are Obamacare (and Medicare expansion) rejectionists.
* Slate’s Dahlia Lithwick explores the causes of Oklahoma’s botched lethal injection execution.
* Brother Benen summons up the energy to throw cold water on the latest fantasy of House Republicans passing comprehensive immigration reform legislation this year.
And in non-political news:
* ESPN host points out that Donald Sterling’s extensive record of housing discrimination might have been a pretty reliable indicator that the man had a few racist bones in his body.
As we break for lunch, here’s another May-Day-appropriate song: Billy Bragg’s version of “There Is Power in a Union.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.