Sorry I somehow didn’t initially displace link to Joan Baez’s elegant rendition of “Joe Hill” this morning when I was announcing the rather different “Iron Man.” I set up the post last night, so I should have caught it.
Here are some midday news/views items with plenty of “iron:”
* Mike Tomasky shows shoddiness of House Energy & Commerce Committee “survey” on Obamacare premium payments.
* Tina Brown urges HRC to skip the Leader of the Free World thing and go straight to the post-presidency. I don’t think she’s joking.
* Atlantic’s Te-Nehisi Coates argues Bundy/Sterling antics disguise more important “elegant racism.”
* Heavily investigated former Rep. David Rivera running to regain his South Florida House seat. Not real good news for his buddy Marco Rubio.
* New Insider Advantage poll of GA GOP SEN shows David Perdue and Karen Handel (!) neck-and-neck, with three other candidates not far behind. If that’s accurate, get ready for hype about the Palin/Erickson Factor.
And in non-political news:
* Review of Twitter amusement over Jameis Winston’s crab-leg shoplifting incident.
As we break for lunch, here’s more Black Sabbath with “Diamonds and Rust”—er, no, I mean “N.I.B.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.