It’s a Tuesday in May, which means primaries, this time in WV and NE. I’ll have results first thing tomorrow.
Here are some midday news/views bites:
* Another SC county GOP committee—this time a big one, Charleston—censures Lindsey Graham for general and specific RINOism. Too bad his primary opponents are such a motley crew.
* Karl Rove up to old tricks, wondering aloud if HRC has a brain injury.
* AP tells its reporters to cut length of stories, typically to 300-500 words. Words are expensive.
* GOP Senators filibuster energy efficiency bill, killing clean vote on Keystone XL pipeline while they were at it.
* North Carolina Moral Monday protests will resume along with sessions of the North Carolina legislature.
And in non-political news:
* European researchers bring on “lucid dreaming” with electrical stimulation of the brain. I’ll sign up for that.
As we break for lunch, here’s the Tedeschi Trucks Band again with their version of the Fred Neil song (made famous by Harry Nilsson) “Everybody’s Talkin.’”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.