A lot going on today, Animals. Sorry for the late lunch.
Here are some midday snacky-snackies:
* Reid hints at possible future use of “nuclear option” to reduce Senate debate time over low-level nominees being held up by Republicans.
* A second harassment allegation (this time involving ex-husband) arises against OR GOP SEN candidate Monica Wehby, expected to win nomination today thanks to all-mail-ballot system.
* Forbes features first—but probably not last—conservative attack I’ve seen on Pence’s Medicaid expansion plan.
* At TNR, Brian Beutler articulates case against appointing Julian Castro to a “Cabinet backwater.”
* Final GA GOP SEN poll has Kingston and Handel dead-even for runoff spot.
And in non-political news:
* Big new lawsuit against NFL by former players alleges league fed them illegal painkillers.
As we break for lunch, here’s a Richard and Linda Thompson classic, “Wall of Death.”
Feed the Political AnimalDonate
Washington Monthly depends on donations from readers like you.